• On 6th of May 2020, one new case of laboratory-confirmed COVID-19 was announced by the Ministry of Public Health of Thailand (MoPH), bringing the total number of cases to 2,989.
• Out of the 2,989 cases reported to date, 92.4% (2,761) have recovered, 1.8% (55) have died and 5.8% are receiving treatment.
• The new case is a female masseuse (aged 27) who returned from Russia on 3rd May and was held in state quarantine.
• One death was reported today. The deceased was a
69 year old Australian hotel manager in Phang-nga province.
He had pre-existing asthma and was hospitalized in Phuket on 25th March. He was was diagnosed with severe pneumonia and kidney complications and died on 5th May.
• To date, 85 confirmed cases have been detected in people held in state/local quarantine across the country. An additional 60 cases have been confirmed in immigrants held in an immigration detention centre in Songkhla.
Source: World Health Organization