Thailand's public debt at the end of March amounted to 6.16 trillion baht, accounting for 42.27 percent of GDP, according to Mr Thirach Attanavanich, advisor to the Public Debt Management Office.
The 6.16 trillion baht public debt was divided into the followings: 4.72 trillion baht debt for the government; 962 billion baht debt for state enterprises; 455 billion baht for financial institutions which are state enterprises and 19.4 billion baht debt for state agencies.
The public debt in March was 76.3 billion baht higher than the debt in February.
Public debt for state enterprises and financial institutions which are state enterprises reduced 9,580 million baht and 4,897 million baht respectively whereas government's public debt and debt for the other state agencies increased 90.7 billion baht and 76 million baht respectively.
The 6.16 trillion baht public debt was divided into 5.85 trillion baht domestic debt accounting for 94.9 percent of the debt and the rest foreign debt, accounting for 5.10 percent of the debt.
Long-term public debt amounted to 5.3 trillion baht whereas short-term public debt totaled 858 billion baht.
Source: Thai Public Broadcasting Service (Thai PBS)