With respect to the report on the Zika virus situation in Thailand, the Ministry of Foreign Affairs would like to inform about the situation as follows:
1. According to the Department of Disease Control, Ministry of Public Health, the Zika virus situation in Thailand has remained unchanged. There have been no reports of prolonged and continued Zika virus outbreak or infections among a large number of people in Thailand.
2. Despite the fact that confirmed cases of Zika virus infection has been reported in Thailand, the disease control and prevention processes are in place. Most cases are promptly detected while the spread of the virus is under strict and effective control.
3. With regard to control and prevention of Zika virus, the Ministry of Public Health has provided important measures including:
(1) controlling the spread of the virus within 14 days after the first confirmed case of Zika virus infection to prevent any following infection in the same area;
(2) ensuring effective and comprehensive mosquito vector controls;
(3) monitoring cases of possible Zika virus infection among pregnant women and cases of microcephaly;
(4) advising and providing the general public with useful recommendations and guidelines on disease prevention,
(5) providing health advisory to Thai athletes and supporting staff who took part at Olympic Games in Brazil.
4. Further information can be obtained from the Department of Disease Control's website (http://www.ddc.moph.go.th) and call center (1422).
Source: Royal Thai Embassy to Belgium and Luxembourg