The 15th army circle military court in Petchaburi province has issued a warrant for the arrest of Asmine Katemmadee wanted for suspected involvement in the deadly bomb attacks in Hua Hin during August 12-13 which left two people killed and dozens injured.
In the request for the arrest warrant against the suspect, the police enquiry officers presented to the court video footages from CCTV in downtown Hua Hin purportedly showing Katemmadee in the act suspected to involvement in the bomb explosions.
Eyewitness accounts were also presented to the court by the police team.
Pol Gen Srivara Rangsipromankul, the deputy national police chief, said that Katemmadee was also suspected of involvement in a bomb blast in Koh Samui on May 18 last year.
He further said that investigation in a spate of bombing and arson attacks in seven southern provinces during August 11-13 was progressing satisfactorily.
Earlier, warrants were issued for the arrest of two suspects, Ahama Lengha and Ruslan Baima.
Meanwhile, about 300 tourism business operators were invited by the Tourism Authority of Thailand and local tourism operators to Hua Hin in an effort to restore public confidence, especially among tourists, that the popular resort town is safe.
Source: Thai Public Broadcasting Service (Thai PBS)